Give us this day our daily bread.
I. THE GIVER, God is the only giver. He gives constantly and quietly. He gives simply. He delights in giving.
II. The GIFT. All bread comes from God. Bread has an eternal meaning.
III. The EXPANSION of the gift.
1. This little word "our" excludes every calling which is injurious to the interests of our fellow men.
2. We are to think of the poor and needy.
IV. The LIMITATION of the gift — "To-day."
1. Christ would have us free from anxious care.
2. It teaches moderation and contentment.
3. Sometimes God tries the faith of His people, and they are in difficulties about their daily bread.
Parallel VersesKJV: Give us this day our daily bread.