1 Peter 2:7-8
To you therefore which believe he is precious: but to them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed…
1. To show that God had purposed the salvation of His Church and building of His kingdom by a way that the wise men of the world never dreamed of.
2. That their malice might appear to their punishment, and God's power in resisting them.
3. To show that great men are not always the greatest maintainers of the truth, but often great enemies and hindrances thereto.Uses:
1. This serves to teach us not to stand upon great men's opinion, approving and disallowing upon their testimony or example.
2. To magnify the power and wisdom of God, that hath used to build His kingdom, not only without the help, but against the will of great men.
Parallel VersesKJV: Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,