The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;…
I. WHEN CHRIST MAY BE SAID TO BE IN THE HOUSE.
1. When the Bible is there.
2. When a good man enters it and carries with him the savour of Christ.
3. When He dwells in the heart of anyone in the family — parent, child, servant, etc.
4. Into whatever house a Christian family enters, Christ enters with it, etc.
II. SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING CHRIST IN THE HOUSE.
1. If it be noised that Christ is in the house, good men will be drawn to it and bad men will keep away.
2. There will be a witness for God there.
3. There is a direct communication between it and the house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
4. That house is under the peculiar protection of Divine Providence.
5. The sympathies of good men are drawn towards it. Conclusion: We should seek Christ on our own account; and we should seek Him on account of others.
Parallel VersesKJV: The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;