Comes this blessedness then on the circumcision only, or on the uncircumcision also?…
This was —
1. A simple child-like dependence on the naked word of God.
2. An acceptance of and trust in God's promised Saviour.
3. A renouncing of his own works as meritorious.
4. A faith that wrought by love, making him the friend of God (James 2:23).
5. One that overcame the world, leading him to seek a hotter country (Hebrews 11:10).
6. One that evidenced its reality by a self-denying obedience (Hebrews 11:8, 17; James 2:21). True Abrahamic faith is love in the battlefield.
(T. Robinson, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.