As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
This is seen all through his history.
1. In the promise made before his birth.
2. The vision of Bethel (Genesis 28:12, etc.).
3. The blessing in Padanaram (Genesis 31:5, 9).
4. The vision there (ver. 11-13).
5. The command given to Laban concerning him (ver. 24).
6. The blessing given him at Peniel (Genesis 32:28, 29).
7. The command to go to Bethel and the vision there (Genesis 35:1, 9, 11).
(T. Robinson, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.