And when Jesus was passed over again by ship to the other side, much people gathered to him: and he was near to the sea.…
I. THE PARTICULAR FORM OF THE REDEEMER'S WORK.
1. Restoration from a special form of death.
2. Here was the recognition of the value of life — "She shall live." It is not mere life on which Christianity has shed a richer value. It is by ennobling the purpose to which life is to be dedicated that it has made life more precious.
3. We consider the Saviour's direction respecting the means of effecting a complete recovery. He "commanded that something should be given her to eat." His reverential submission to the laws of nature.
II. THE SPIRIT OF THE REDEEMER'S WORK.
1. It was love. He did good because it was good.
2. It was a spirit of retiring modesty. He did not wish it to be known.
3. It was a spirit of perseverance. Calm perseverance amidst ridicule.
(F. W. Robertson.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And when Jesus was passed over again by ship unto the other side, much people gathered unto him: and he was nigh unto the sea.