And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
1. His ancestral pedigree - a Cushite.
2. His early occupation - a hunter of wild beasts, a pioneer of civilization.
3. His rising ambition - he began to be a "Gibber," or mighty one.
4. His regal authority - the beginning of his kingdom was Babel.
5. His extending empire - out of that land went he forth into Asshur.
6. His posthumous renown: "Wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod." - W.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.