And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,…
Festival of firstfruits. May be viewed
I. The consecration of human life and its results to God.
1. As an expression of thankfulness and praise.
2. As an act of faith and hope.
II. TYPICAL view of the firstfruits.
1. Christ the Firstfruits. In the Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:20). Of humanity as renewed and restored to perfection.
2. The true doctrine of election, the firstfruits the pledge of the harvest. Israel separated from the world for the hope of the world.
3. Individually. Our present life consecrated is a pledge of future glory. We shall reap hereafter the full harvest of redemption. Profession and dedication. The wave offering, "before the Lord" and before his people, in the sanctuary; as a sacrifice; in the covenant. - R.
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,