If you walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;…
Verse 12, "And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people."
I. The true law of human life.
1. Religion the upholding support of individual, social, national well-being. Natural laws subservient to higher ends. Ascending scale in the universe, the physical the basis of the psychical, the psychical of the moral, the moral of the spiritual.
2. The covenant relationship of God and man the only true form in which the ideas of religion can be realized and maintained. Personality of God, freedom of man. Interchange of confidence. Living communion. Support of prayer, which should embrace all wants and possibilities.
3. Illustration of the connection between providence and religion in the history both of individuals and nations. Importance of insisting on the truths contained in this chapter as against secularism and fanaticism and mysticism. Religion is objective as well as subjective. Tremendous fact that, notwithstanding both the promises and threatenings, Israel failed to keep the Law. Illustration of human fall and dependence on Divine grace.
II. Divine government.
3. Revealed in connection with a system of truth and actual promises appealing to faith.
4. Embracing those who know not God, as well as his people. - R.
Parallel VersesKJV: If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;