And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water.…
Not hands and feet only, as in daily ministrations, but the whole body, symbolizing entire spiritual cleansing.
I. Take this cleansing as MAN'S OBEDIENCE. It set forth:
1. Confession of sin and dependence on Divine grace.
2. Personal consecration - entire devotion to the service of God.
3. As performed by priests, the acceptance of a place in the priestly office and before the altar demanded conspicuous holiness and purity.
II. Thus was typified THE DIVINE PROMISE.
1. That man should be cleansed really by the Spirit.
2. That a perfect high priesthood should be provided.
3. That the necessary imperfection and impurity of an earthly service should be swallowed up hereafter in the holy perfection of the heavenly service, when all that approach God shall be like him. - R.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses brought Aaron and his sons, and washed them with water.