Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap.…
I. THE PREACHER OF JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH LAYS DOWN THE PRINCIPLE OF RETRIBUTION.
1. This principle is of universal application.
2. It is applied to man not only as the agent but as the one on whom it is to operate.
3. In virtue of it we can be prophets of our future.
II. THE LAWS OF GRACE AND RETRIBUTION ARE PERFECTLY HARMONIOUS.
1. Salvation is a gift.
2. But we have to take advantage of this gift.
3. This is accomplished by faith.
4. But faith is a continuous act, and involves obedience as well as trust.
(S. Pearson, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.