And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said to him, Follow me.…
I. THE REALITY OF THIS CONVERSION proved by —
1. The change of occupation in obedience to Christ.
2. The sacrifice endured.
3. His identifying himself with Christ.
4. His concern for his fellow-men.
II. LET US TRY OURSELVES BY THESE TESTS.
1. What is Christ's power over us?
2. What sacrifices are we making for Christ?
3. How do we identify ourselves with Christ?
4. What are we doing to bring others to Christ?
(W. W. Patton, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.
WEB: After these things he went out, and saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the tax office, and said to him, "Follow me!"