The LORD has prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom rules over all.…
I. THE PROPER CHARACTERISTICS BY WHICH THE DIVINE DOMINION IS DISTINGUISHED.
1. It is founded upon unimpeachable right.
2. It occupies a vast extent.
3. It is regulated by infinite moral perfection.
4. It is destined to accomplish the noblest purposes.
(1) The glory of the Governor.
(2) The well-being and happiness of the governed.
5. It is established for perpetual duration.
II. THE VARIOUS OBLIGATIONS WHICH THE CHARACTER OF THE DIVINE GOVERNMENT IMPRESSES UNIVERSALLY ON MANKIND.
1. Men are under obligation to render praise to God, by whom this dominion is exercised.
2. Men are under obligation to render obedience to the laws by which the Divine government is sustained.
3. We are under obligation to exercise confidence that all the events which transpire within the sphere of the Divine dominion must be managed wisely and for the best.
4. We are under obligation habitually and daily to anticipate those great purposes in connection with the government of our own world which yet remain to be fulfilled.
Parallel VersesKJV: The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.