The LORD shall command the blessing on you in your storehouses, and in all that you set your hand to…
I. FULL STOREHOUSES, WITHOUT GOD'S BLESSING, ARE NOT RICHES. God does not count a man rich further than the good things he has are of real and lasting benefit to him. Wealth unblessed of God is not to be desired.
1. Unblessed good is ill (Ecclesiastes 5:10-15).
2. It turns to ill - is not enduring (Proverbs 13:22), takes wings and leaves, is a curse to offspring (Ecclesiastes 5:14, 15; Ecclesiastes 6:2; James 5:1, 2).
II. GOD'S BLESSING, WITHOUT FULL STOREHOUSES, MAKES RICH.
1. It enriches the little we have. A man with a moderate competence, and peace and comfort in the use of it, may be richer than the man whose means are tenfold greater (Psalm 37:16).
2. It makes adversity a means of spiritual enrichment.
3. It is itself the best of all riches (Habakkuk 3:17-19). - J.O.
Parallel VersesKJV: The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.