Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
I. THE ORIGIN of the great system, and all the blessings of the economy of redemption.
1. It is the office of the Father to devise the plan.
2. It is His prerogative to provide the means.
3. It is His province to select the objects of deliverance.
4. It belongs to Him to determine the benefits to be conferred, their nature and extent, and the degree in which every one, who is a saved object of the Redeemer's work; shall enjoy the blessing of that work.
5. It is the part of the Father to receive the highest and ultimate glory of the plan.
II. THE DESIGN of this part of the heavenly economy.
1. To impress on us the entirely heavenly origin of the whole system of Christianity.
2. He impress on us the fact, that the blessings of this great redemption cannot be enjoyed as the reward of human merit.
3. To show us that this scheme cannot be frustrated by human opposition or indifference.
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: