By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him…
I. THE FAITH BY WHICH THIS HOLY LIFE WAS MAINTAINED.
1. It was a belief in the nature of God. Enoch believed Him to be real, with a belief which reverenced, obeyed, trusted, loved Him.
2. It was also a belief in God's gifts to all who seek them.
II. THE HOLY LIFE WHICH RESULTED FROM THIS FAITH.
1. Faith led him to please God.
2. This pleasing God was accompanied with the testimony that he pleased Him.
3. This testimony enabled him to walk with God.
III. THE TRIUMPHANT DEATH WHICH RESULTED FROM THIS HOLY LIFE.
1. This death is promised to faith.
2. It is the natural consequence of a holy life.
3. It is assured by the Divine love to those who please God.
Parallel VersesKJV: By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
WEB: By faith, Enoch was taken away, so that he wouldn't see death, and he was not found, because God translated him. For he has had testimony given to him that before his translation he had been well pleasing to God.