By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
I. AN ILLUSTRATION OF THE NATURE OF FAITH.
1. The character and circumstances of Rahab show that faith is not necessarily a Christian grace.
2. Her faith was but the reasonable acting of a thoughtful mind.
3. Its reality proved itself by works.
II. AN ILLUSTRATION OF GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.
1. God's ready response to true faith, though it be characterised by ignorance and unworthiness.
2. This is seen in the remarkable preservation of Rahab.
3. And in her abundant reward for all her faith had hazarded in His cause.
III. AN ILLUSTRATION OF THE CONVERTING POWER OF FAITH IN GOD.
1. It separated her in character and doom from all her surroundings.
2. It made her the means of preserving all her kindred.
3. It allied her, an outcast Gentile, with the people of God.
Parallel VersesKJV: By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.