Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
1. The certainty of Divine truth.
2. The words of Christ considered in their necessary imperishableness.
3. The words of Christ shall never pass away, because they form the last of that series of communications given by God to a lost world.
4. Because they are founded on eternal truth, and on the fixed counsels of the immutable God.
5. Because of their connection with His own final glory as Mediator.
6. These are the words preached unto you.
(D. Moore, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.