And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped…
I. THE HAND OF THE LORD VISIBLE IN THIS DELIVERANCE.
1. In the general effect produced.
2. In the use of the particular means employed.
II. A PICTURE OF THE CHURCH'S EXPERIENCE IN EVERY AGE.
1. She is still surrounded by enemies numerous as the sand on the sea shore.
2. The enemies are a heterogeneous confederation. Science, philosophy, criticism, atheism, agnosticism, etc.
3. The attacks are persistently made.
4. Every possible advantage is on the side of the enemy. Truth is in the minority, and has always been exposed to the grossest misrepresentation.
5. The inherent power of Bible truth makes victory certain in the end.
(J. P. Millar.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped, and returned into the host of Israel, and said, Arise; for the LORD hath delivered into your hand the host of Midian.
WEB: It was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and its interpretation, that he worshiped; and he returned into the camp of Israel, and said, "Arise; for Yahweh has delivered the army of Midian into your hand!"