For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not worked by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,…
I. ITS OBJECT. To make the Gentiles obedient to the gospel.
II. ITS AGENCIES AND MEANS.
1. Christ, the Supreme Director, who works in us to will and to do.
2. Converted men, the instruments by word and deed.
3. The Spirit of God, the efficient power displayed in signs and wonders.
III. ITS SPHERE.
1. Commencing at Jerusalem.
2. Embracing the Gentile world.
3. Throughout which the gospel must be fully preached.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,