For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.…
I. ITS EVIDENCES.
1. In the foundation and direction of so many Christian Churches.
2. In sacrificing his private wishes to his great work.
3. In imperilling his own life in ministering to the saints.
II. ITS SUPPORTS. The consciousness —
1. That his labours were successful.
2. That he was sustained by the prayers of others.
3. That he could commend himself and others to the care of the God of peace.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.