I say then, Has God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.…
I. NOT ABSOLUTE.
1. A remnant saved.
2. Exemplified in Paul and many known Jewish converts.
3. Confirmed by the history of Elijah.
4. This remnant is of grace (ver. 6).
II. NOT ARBITRARY.
1. The rest were blinded.
2. Because of their disobedience.
3. By the just visitation of God.
4. As announced beforehand by their own prophets.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.