And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brothers, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge…
I. ITS OBJECTS.
1. To confirm those who believe in grace (vers. 14, 15).
2. To save and sanctify the unbelieving (ver. 16).
3. To promote the cause of God (ver. 17).
II. ITS SUCCESS.
1. Proceeds from the power of the Spirit of Christ (vers. 18, 19).
2. Reaches all who learn the knowledge of His name (vers. 20, 21).
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.