Now I beseech you, brothers, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit…
I. THE APOSTLE'S REQUEST — that they would pray for him. Especially for —
1. His protection.
2. The success of his mission.
II. THE ARGUMENTS HE USES.
1. For Christ's sake; for the love of Christ, that His cause might be promoted, etc.
2. For the love of the Spirit, wrought in us, exhibited to us.
III. THE ANTICIPATED RESULT.
1. A prosperous journey to Rome.
2. The mutual joy and edification of all.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;