I say then, Has God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.…
I. CANNOT FAIL ON EARTH.
1. Individuals are still converted (ver. 1).
2. The purpose of God is unchangeable (ver. 2).
II. IS STILL SMALL.
1. But not so small that we should be discouraged.
2. Great enough to occasion joy and gratitude.
III. CONSISTS OF ALL TRUE BELIEVERS who —
1. Repudiate all human merit.
2. Receive God's mercy as a free gift.
3. Do not harden themselves against the truth.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.