And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brothers, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge…
I. HE MUST DISCHARGE HIS FUNCTIONS WITH WISDOM AND HUMILITY.
1. Recognising good where it already exists.
2. Humbly putting those who have believed in mind of common duties and privileges.
3. Seeking the salvation of the unconverted — in the name and for the glory of God.
II. HE MUST HAVE A SPECIAL CALL.
1. Attested by the gifts and power of the Holy Ghost.
2. Approved first of all in a narrower sphere of labour.
3. Directed especially to the ignorant and unconverted.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.