And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered Paul and certain other prisoners to one named Julius…
I. THE SETTING OUT.
1. The various changes of surrounding objects (vers. 1, 2, 4-8).
2. The friendships (ver. 3).
3. The first clouds (vers. 9-15).
II. FEAR AND HOPE.
1. The fear of unbelief (vers. 16-20).
2. The confidence of faith (vers. 21-26).
III. THE CONTEST WITH ADVERSITIES.
1. Trouble discloses hearts (vers. 27-32).
2. Trouble leads to God (vers. 33-38).
IV. THE HAVEN OF REST.
1. The shipwreck and billows of death (vers. 39-43).
2. The rescue and landing in an unknown country.
Parallel VersesKJV: And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered Paul and certain other prisoners unto one named Julius, a centurion of Augustus' band.