By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him…
I. THE PRE-REQUISITES TO THAT STATE IN WHICH WE SHALL ACTUALLY PLEASE GOD.
1. A principle of faith in the revealed testimony of God.
2. A distinct faith in Jesus Christ, as Mediator, Advocate, and Redeemer.
3. The Divinely-formed elements of a new character within us.
II. THE COURSE OF THOSE PERSONS WHO ACTUALLY PLEASE GOD.
1. Righteousness predominating.
2. Devotion accompanying.
3. Zeal inflaming and animating.
III. THE TESTIMONY GIVEN OF THIS FACT.
1. The inspired declarations of Holy Writ.
2. Conscience divinely aided and corroborated.
3. The outward events of life, as proved from the ordinary history, and from the experience and lives of God's people.
Parallel VersesKJV: By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
WEB: By faith, Enoch was taken away, so that he wouldn't see death, and he was not found, because God translated him. For he has had testimony given to him that before his translation he had been well pleasing to God.