2 Timothy 3:14-15
But continue you in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing of whom you have learned them;…
I. THE THINGS IN WHICH WE ARE TO CONTINUE.
1. We must learn those things in which we are to continue.
2. The things in which we are commanded to continue are the things of which we have been assured.
II. IN WHAT RESPECTS WE ARE TO CONTINUE IN THEM.
1. WE MUST CONTINUE IN THE BELIEF OF THEM.
2. WE MUST CONTINUE TO PROFESS that truth which we believe.
3. We must continue in the practical improvement of the truth. What is the chaff to the wheat? Such is every other doctrine to the doctrine of the Bible; and its energy and effects are proportioned to its excellency, when it is received with faith and love.
(G. Lawson, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;