2 Chronicles 34:14-33
And when they brought out the money that was brought into the house of the LORD…
1. Many precious things are found when we set to work at repairs. Try to remove the dust from old sanctuaries of life and memory, and see what you will light upon.
2. How one good thing leads to another. First "walking in the way of the Lord"; then interest in the house of the Lord; then the book found.
3. The connection between pecuniary integrity and the Divine blessing. When they brought the money they found the book.
4. How many old things are new to us when we are in trouble and distress of mind.
5. The age of sixteen is a time of his life which no man ever forgets.
6. Devotedness to God at sixteen is so great a step in the life of a youth that it cannot be alone; you must make another onward into the sphere of spirit and of life.
7. God always finds some work to do for those who are His.
8. There is no deeper distress possible to us than that which pierces us in the discovery of our enmity to God.
(B. Kent, M.A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And when they brought out the money that was brought into the house of the LORD, Hilkiah the priest found a book of the law of the LORD given by Moses.