And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.…
I. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS VISION.
1. The close connection between earth and heaven; between things unseen and things seen.
2. The ministry of heaven to earth; the communication between things unseen and things seen.
3. The assurance of Divine love and care.
II. WHAT THIS VISION AND REVELATION OF GOD TAUGHT JACOB.
1. The universal presence of God.
2. The sacredness of common things.
III. WHAT THIS VISION AND REVELATION LED JACOB TO DO.
1. TO set up a memorial of that night.
2. To consecrate himself to God.
(A. F. Joscelyne, B. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.