Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that has an issue…
I. AS A SANITARY MEASURE.
1. The universal application of the rule.
2. The sacred reason by which it was enforced. Impurity separates from God.
II. AS A SPIRITUAL PARABLE.
1. Sin is a defiling thing.
2. Sin is a deadly thing.
3. Sin is a separating thing.Where sin is cherished God will not dwell.
(1) The openly and persistently wicked should be expelled from the Church on earth.
(a) Because of their corrupt influence (1 Corinthians 5:6-13).
(b) Because of the dishonour to God which their presence in the Church involves.
(2) The wicked will be excluded from the city of God above.Conclusion:
1. He who demands this purity has provided the means whereby we may attain unto it. "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."
2. Let us diligently use the means which He has provided. "Wash you, make you clean," &c.
Parallel VersesKJV: Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that hath an issue, and whosoever is defiled by the dead: