Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan…
I. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE FACT OF THE RECORD.
1. It Was an honour to the pious and patriotic ones who returned.
2. It is an illustration of the Divine record of God's spiritual Israel (Luke 10:20).
3. It suggests that every one of His people is precious in the sight of God (Isaiah 49:16).
II. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CONTENTS OF THE RECORD. We have in this list —
1. Significant persons.
(1) Zerubbabel, an ancestor of the Messiah (Matthew 1:12).
(2) Jeshua, who was a distinguished type of Jesus Christ (Zechariah 3., 6:11-13).
2. A significant place: Bethlehem (ver. 21).
3. Significant numbers.
Parallel VersesKJV: Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel: