But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
I. WHAT we are to seek.
II. How we are to seek.
1. First in time.
2. First in attention.
3. What are your desires?
4. What are your exertions? These last two will reveal the object of your search.
III. WHY WE ARE THUS TO SEEK THESE BLESSINGS.
1. Though destitute, as we naturally are, of His kingdom and righteousness, if we seek them in the manner here required, we shall obtain them.
2. Besides gaining this kingdom and righteousness, all other things shall be added unto us.Religion has a friendly influence over secular affairs; other things occupy too much of your time and attention.
1. This undue solicitude injures your spiritual welfare.
2. It is hurtful even to your temporal welfare.
Parallel VersesKJV: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.