He must increase, but I must decrease.
I. THE ULTIMATE CONVERSION OF THE WORLD TO CHRIST IS A MATTER OF INDUBITABLE CERTAINTY.
1. Many things render this probable.
(1) The introduction of a system adapted to the wants of the whole race.
(2) The known kindness of Jehovah.
(3) The amazing apparatus of the Gospel.
2. The prophecies render it certain.
II. THIS GREAT MORAL REVOLUTION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED BY ORDINARY MEANS OF HUMAN INSTRUMENTALITY UNDER THE BLESSING OF THE DIVINE SPIRIT.
1. Not by miracles.
2. Not by a Millennial dispensation.
3. But by the preaching of the gospel.
III. AMONG THE MEANS MISSIONARY SOCIETIES HOLD A HIGH AND DISTINGUISHED PLACE — not excluding individual efforts.
(J. A. James.)
Parallel VersesKJV: He must increase, but I must decrease.