2 Chronicles 15:7
Be you strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
certain fruit of faithful labours: — Applying these words to the work of Sabbath schools, consider —
I. THE WORK.
1. Its object is the benefit of the rising generation.
2. Its tendencies as to the interests of society at large are beneficial.
3. It accords with the spirit of Christianity and the predictions of sacred writ (Isaiah 11:9).
II. THE EXHORTATION.
1. To faith.
2. To union.
3. To perseverance.
III. THE REWARD. This is to be found —
1. In the satisfaction of your own minds.
2. In the success of your efforts.
3. In the approbation of your Lord.
Parallel VersesKJV: Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.