Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and to them were sons born after the flood.…
1. The last mention of the Church's line is not the least in God's account.
2. Fruitfulness is given to the Church of God, for its continuance on earth.
3. Visible distinction hath God made between the lines of the world and of the Church.
4. Heber's children are the true Church of God.
5. The name and blessing of Shem is on that Church.
6. Sharers in the promise are especially brethren.
7. The first in birth may be last in grace (ver. 21).
8. Out of the same holy stock may arise enemies to the Church as well as the right seed (ver. 22).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.