For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
For me to live is —
I. FAITH IN CHRIST.
1. Without faith life is dwarfed and desolate.
2. The grander faith's object, and the firmer faith's trust, the nobler the life.
3. Christ is the grandest object, and faith in Him the strongest trust.
II. MEDITATION ON CHRIST.
1. We can come very near Him.
2. This meditation is sweet. The thought of Christ the antidote to life's sorrows.
III. ACTION FOR CHRIST.
1. Inspired by the loftiest motive: Christ.
2. Of the most diverse character.
3. With the best result.
IV. HOPE IN CHRIST.
1. He is the hope of this life and consequently glorifies it.
2. He is our hope for eternity — "Because I live ye shall live also."
Parallel VersesKJV: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.