You will show me the path of life: in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures for ever more.
1. It is THE path, because while all other paths end at death, this begins there.
2. Christ took the first step in this path. Someone must lead in it, and He did, and now says, "Follow Me."
3. It is a customary road; a path is so. There never was another than this, and never will be.
4. Everyone who walks in it makes it plainer and easier. We help others to walk in it by walking in it ourselves.
5. Beware, as we go through life, of diverging paths that lead astray to death.
6. The Bible is the lamp in our path.
7. We are always walking in some path — either of life or death. We cannot stand still.
8. To walk in a path we must put forth energy and activity. We must not only know it but walk in it.
9. The path of life, to those who walk in it, grows brighter and brighter unto the perfect day.
10. Divine guidance is necessary and promised. "Thou wilt show me the path of life." "He will direct thy paths."
11. Am I walking in it?
(J. Stanford Holme, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.