Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of your countenance.…
I. THE GOSPEL IS A JOYFUL SOUND.
1. Because it is a proclamation of mercy and forgiveness to the guilty and rebellious.
2. Because it proclaims liberty to the enslaved.
3. Because it produces peace to them that are in trouble.
II. WHAT IS MEANT BY KNOWING THE JOYFUL SOUND.
III. THE BLESSEDNESS OF THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE JOYFUL SOUND.
1. They are blessed in their life. O what invaluable privileges are contained in this blessedness!
2. They are blessed in their death.
(J. Hay, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.