1 Peter 2:18-25
Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the fraudulent.…
I. His CONDUCT. "Did no sin."
1. Though tempted severely and continually.
2. Though surrounded by sinful men.
3. Though exposed to poverty of the deepest kind.
4. Though wearing a body subject to infirmities.
II. His CONVERSE. "Neither was guile found."
1. He never disguised His abhorrence of falsehood.
2. He did not promise more than He intended to perform.
3. He did not hide from His followers the consequences of their position.Application: —
1. The purity of Jesus in word and deed should be sought by us.
2. Hereafter we shall be as He was and is.
3. This purity can never be congenial to us until our hearts are regenerated.
(R. A. Griffin.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.