Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.…
I. CONSIDER WHAT WE MAY UNDERSTAND BY DYING IN THE LORD.
1. Dying in the righteousness of Christ. By dying in His righteousness, understand dying interested in that atonement, which our Lord Jesus Christ has made for all such as believe upon Him.
2. Dying in the image of Christ. We are also to bear a resemblance to Him, and to be conformed to Him as our holy example.
3. Dying in union with Christ.
II. THE BLESSEDNESS OF SUCH AS DIE IN THE LORD.
1. They are blessed in a freedom from troubles and sorrows.
2. They are blessed in their enjoyment of positive glory and happiness.
(T. Gibbons, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.