But made himself of no reputation, and took on him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
I. IN HIS INCARNATION. The Ruler of all brought to the state of a creature.
1. To the state of an inferior creature, a man, not an angel,
2. At a time when this nature was stained by sin.
3. To be scorned by men.
4. Deprived of the joys of heaven.
5. The offspring of a poor woman.
II. IN HIS LIFE.
1. Born in a stable.
2. Tempted of Satan.
3. Inured to poverty.
4. Ungratefully received by His own and by the world.
III. IN HIS DEATH — that of a malefactor.
Parallel VersesKJV: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: