The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
I. Contemplate the gospel as a PROGRESSIVE REVELATION.
II. This commencement of the gospel was IMPORTANT
(1) As the only true revelation of God;
(2) as the only true revelation of man.
III. The commencement of the gospel was HAPPY.
1. Because the commencement of the gospel delivered from the tyranny of the law.
2. Because it provided an escape from the dire consequences of sin.
3. Because it unfolded the happy destiny of the race.
IV. The commencement. of the gospel was HOPEFUL. Learn —
1. God's consideration for the need of man.
2. The self-consistency of a gospel thus gradually unfolded.
3. That it should be our continued endeavour to reproduce the gospel in our lives.
(Joseph S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;