Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which you have, that no man take your crown.
I. THE THINGS OF WHICH THE SOUL IS TO BE TENACIOUS. The soul of man is not to be tenacious of riches, of fame, or of the things of this life; these it cannot long retain in its grasp.
1. It must hold fast the truths of the Bible.
2. It must hold fast the reality of the Christian character.
3. It must hold fast the determination of the Christian life. The tenacity of the soul must be brave; it must be meek; it must be wise; it must be prayerful; and it must be hopeful of the end.
II. THE REASON WHY THE SOUL SHOULD BE TENACIOUS OF THESE THINGS.
1. Because they are valuable.
2. Because they are threatened by vigilant enemies.
3. Because the advent of Christ is near.
(J. S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.