Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
I. THE VICTORY. The life of the good is a stern moral conflict, pervading every sphere of life — the home, the mart, the shop, etc. It is impossible to go where the strife is not. In this way character is tested and developed, and our attachment to Christ revealed.
1. Moral conquest is required, not an indolent evasion of the strife.
2. Moral conquest is required, not a cowardly retreat in the conflict of life.
3. Moral conquest is required, not an easy method of attaining the dignity of the future life.
II. THE REPAST.
1. This repast is in sublime contrast to any other that can be provided.
2. It is concealed from the unsanctified gaze of men.
3. It will give eternal satisfaction to all who shall partake of it.
III. THE REVELATION.
1. The Christian victor will enter upon the highest method of moral life.
2. The Christian victor will enjoy the most complete revelation of GodLessons:
1. Learn to fight the good fight of faith.
2. Persevere unto victory.
3. Take courage from this glimpse of your reward.
(J. S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.