And Moses said to God, Behold, when I come to the children of Israel, and shall say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you…
I. MINISTERS MUST ANTICIPATE DIFFICULTIES IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR LIFE-MISSION.
1. Arising from prejudice in reference to the man.
2. Arising from scepticism in reference to the truth.
3. Arising from lethargy in reference to the mission.
II. TO OVERCOME THESE DIFFICULTIES MINISTERS MUST SEEK DIRECTION FROM GOD.
1. Divine recognition of ministerial difficulty. He will not reject any who seek His aid.
2. Divine sympathy with ministerial difficulty.
(1) Manifested by the gift of heavenly vision (ver. 2).
(2) Manifested by the gift of needful instruction (vers. 15-17).
(3) Manifested by the gift of holy companionships (ver. 12).Such a manifestation of Divine sympathy ought to inspire every minister with spirit and fortitude for his work. They that are for him, are more than all that can be against him.
(J. S. Exell, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?