For I have no man like minded, who will naturally care for your state.…
I. EVERY GOOD MINISTER FEELS A TENDER CONCERN FOR THE GOOD OF HIS PEOPLE. Every good minister is —
1. A good man; and therefore has a spirit of benevolence.
2. Has experienced a saving change, and is therefore anxious for the salvation of others.
3. Has grown in grace himself, and is consequently desirous to promote the spiritual good of others.
II. WHY THIS IS TRUE OF EVERY GOOD MINISTER. Because —
1. He realizes that God has committed the flock into his hands, and, for a time, suspended their present and future good upon his care and fidelity.
2. Because his people have committed themselves to his pastoral watch and care.
3. Because he freely and solemnly engages to be their spiritual guide and watchman.
4. Because he knows that his interest is inseparably connected with theirs.
5. Because he views their eternal interests as inseparably connected with the eternal interests of Christ.
(N. Emmons, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.