When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory:
I. THE PERSONAL GLORY AND MAJESTY OF THE JUDGE.
1. He will appear in that nature which He assumed as the Saviour of men.
2. The attributes of a suffering and degraded humanity will not be requisite to identify the Judge.
3. Heaven's innumerable inhabitants will accompany the Son of Man.
4. Then shall He set up the throne of His glory.
II. THE SUPREME PREROGATIVES OF THE SON OF MAN AS DISPLAYED IN THE JUDGMENT OF THE WORLD.
1. The veil has been removed which conceals His dignity.
2. His unsearchable wisdom and power is further exhibited in the separating process.
III. THE PRINCIPLE ON WHICH THE AWARDS OF THE JUDGMENT WILL BE DISTRIBUTED.
1. The Judge speaks from His throne as King in Zion.
2. He proceeds to assign reasons for the Father's having thus received them.
3. The language of surprise on the lips of the righteous.
IV. THE FINAL STATE OF THE RIGHTEOUS.
1. Express our solemn satisfaction in the assurance that Christ will sit as Judge of the race.
2. Let us daily demonstrate our love to Christ by abounding in works of mercy.
3. If through self-interest any Christian be undone, he will be found without apology.
Parallel VersesKJV: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: