Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.…
I. ITS USEFULNESS.
1. Teaches us to know ourselves.
2. We discover our sins.
3. Provides good company and comfortable employment.
II. ITS NEGLECT MISCHIEVOUS.
1. Hardens the heart.
2. A daily increase of sin.
3. Renders a man the more unwilling to reckon with himself.
III. DEMANDS DILIGENCE.
1. There is a natural reluctance to attend to the duty.
2. Many sins not easily discovered, unless diligent search is made.
3. A convenient time should be set apart for the work.
4. Affliction a time for heart searching.
5. Let not the difficulty of the work discourage you.
6. A work that must be often repeated.
IV. LEADS TO REPENTANCE. "Turn again to the Lord." Sin is an aversion and turning away from God; repentance is a returning to Him.
1. Repentance must be speedy.
3. Resolute and steadfast.
Parallel VersesKJV: Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.